The circumference of a circle is the length of the red line in the picture.
The circle circumference is the diameter multiplied by pi.
The area of a circle is the circumference multiplied by 1/4 of the diameter.
- How much is the circumference of a circle when the diameter is 5?
- What is the circumference of a circle with radius 10?
- The surface area of a circle equals 500. What is the circumference?
- What is the diameter of a circle with circumference 1109?
- A vehicle has 60 cm diameter wheels which make 30 revolutions per second. Calculate the speed in kilometers per hour.
- 5*π = 15,7
- 2*10*π = 62,8
- The diameter equals 25,2, so the circumference equals 79,3.
- Velocity = 30 * 0,60 * π = 56,5 meters per second = 204 km/h.
You might want to have a look at our other pages about math, geometry, figures and volumes!